Purpose of carrying out the inspection of buildings and constructions
Technical inspection of buildings and constructions is aimed to detect the technical conditions of the object, its availability for the further exploitation, its compliance with actual construction norms.
Technical inspection is necessary in case of the changing of legal status of building or construction (purchasing, replanning, legalizing of squatter development) or when you plan significant financial disbursements related to this construction (reconstruction, re-equipment, “defrost” of unfinished building) or technical conditions of building or construction is under question (constructions after emergencies or accidents, or buildings with visible defects like cracks).
Here are the main purposes of carrying out the inspection of buildings and constructions:
- Inspection of building or construction before purchasing it.
- Inspection of building or construction before reconstruction.
- Inspection of building or construction after industrial disaster, fire, submergence.
- Technical inspection before carrying out capital maintenance will help you to save funds and time during the maintenance.
- Technical inspection of buildings and constructions before re-equipment is an urgent need.
- If some visible defects have appeared on building or construction technical inspection is obligatory.
- In the case when on unfinished building works are resumed, it is advised to carry out a technical inspection before the beginning of works.
- Also, you need to carry out a technical inspection in case of legalizing of squatter development.
Stages and methods of inspection of building and construction
Technical inspection of buildings and constructions may consist of different stages depending on the aims of this inspection. But dome stages are common for all types of inspection of buildings and constructions.
- Introductory inspection of buildings and constructions. This stage is being carried out in any case. It may include such activities as:
- Review of design documents of the introductory revision of the object.
- Check the measurement of the object visual inspection of the structures of the building.
- A rough estimate of the condition of the object and the list of further necessary researches.
- Conclusion based on results of introductory technical inspection of building or construction and issuing of the recommendations about carrying out the detailed technical inspection of the building or construction.
- Detailed technical inspection of the buildings and constructions. This stage is being carried out in the case when an introductory technical inspection revealed some problems in the object of research or when the aim of the inspection supposes its level of detail. Here are procedures which can be included in detailed technical inspection:
- mechanical way and methods of inspection. It can be ultrasound research of welded structures, researches of ground work by digging exploratory shafts, researches of the durability of concrete.
- Researches with the help of a thermal scope.
- Laboratorian methods of research. Such methods are quite costly but they provide the most precise information about the condition of building or construction.
- Conclusion based on results of detailed technical inspection of building or construction.
Results of the inspection of buildings and constructions
"Central Expert Department" provides the results of technical inspection of buildings or constructions as technical conclusion which contains:
- Specification of the object of expertise.
- Evaluation of the technical condition of the building structures and possibilities of reconstruction or re-equipment.
- photo report with all defects of the object which were found.
- Results of the laboratory research of the object (if any).
- Recommendations about the reinforcement of the structures of building or construction taking into account trouble spots and defects which were discovered.